Sorry – This position has been filled!
Chef at the Market Program Coordinator Position
RVAg, the 501(c)(3) organization that owns and operates Manakin Market farmers market, is looking for a competent Program Coordinator for its 2016 Chef at the Market Program.
The ideal candidate will have strong organization and communication skills, and a passion for local foods. The goal will be to facilitate the successful completion of a series of Chef at the Market days throughout the farmers market season according to the organization’s standards.
- Support the Market Manager in planning a minimum of 13 Chef at the Market days
- Implement Virginia Department of Health policies and procedures
- Work with Market Manager to schedule chefs, and coordinate and organize other program
- Adhere to deadlines and schedules
- Report issues or lags
- Assist in budgeting and tracking expenditures
- Prepare recipe cards, paperwork and keep records updated
- Help build positive relations within the team and with external parties
- Assist Market Manger with social media content
- Assist chefs with sourcing foods and purchasing necessary ingredients that are not available at
the farmers market
- Set-up and break-down the chef station during Chef at the Market days
- Proven experience as a program coordinator or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Virginia Department of Health policies and procedures OR a passionate
desire to learn!
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel). Knowledge of Publisher desired Ability to deal with and adapt to change
- Excellent problem-solving and organization skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a computer and internet access
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs
The Chef at the Market Program Coordinator will be provided with three hours of ServSafe® Food Handler Training, and other training as necessary. He or she will work from home during the week at times, but will be required to work every other Saturday starting May 7th for 13 weeks at the farmers market, located at 68 Broad Street Road in Manakin Sabot, VA (5 minutes west of Short Pump). This position averages approximately 4.5 hours per week for a 15 week period. The Chef at the Market Program Coordinator will be an Independent Contractor position and will report directly to the Market Manager. Compensation is $12 per hour.
Send resume and cover letter stating why you would be the perfect candidate for this position to:
Lisa Dearden, Market Manager manager@RVAgriculture.org or mail to: RVAg, Inc., P.O. Box 4, Sandy Hook, VA 23153. Start date is April 18th, 2016.