Learn to make Goat’s Cheese Crostini with Asparagus with Chef Raisa. Our Chef at the Market program features local chefs that shop the market to bring you fresh, fast, casual and delicious food to sample on the spot! Pick up a recipe card and the ingredients and make sure to post pictures to Manakin Market’s Facebook page for the opportunity to win free prizes!
The recipe was designed for Edible Education, in conjunction with the Greater Richmond Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- 1 Cup Parsley Leave some extra parsley for garnish
- 5 Spears Asparagus
- 1 Tbs olive oil Extra-virgin cold pressed is best!
- 2 Tbs Goat's Cheese
- 2` Radishes Thinly sliced
- 3 Slices Bread Sliced into 4 pieces
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Sauté asparagus in a pan with oil, salt, and pepper for 20 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, add the parsley to a blender and blitz until well chopped. Add the goat’s cheese and blitz again un-til a smooth spread is formed. Season to taste. Chop up bread into small squares and toast lightly in a pan. Spread the goat cheese mixture on to the bread and top with a piece of asparagus, a very thin slice of radish, and a sprig of parsley.
- For this recipe, you will need the following equipment: • Blender • Sauté Pan • Cutting Board • Knife • Tongs • Spatula
Special thanks to our Chef at the Market sponsor, Performance Food Group!